INSTRUCTIONAL PLAN UPDATE 9/29/20: STA will Begin Hybrid Instruction the Week of Oct. 5th
Governmental and health authorities have given LSR7, and thereby, STA clearance to move to a hybrid format of instruction, which will allow for in-person instruction with social distancing safeguards. STA is ready and excited to begin in-person instruction to drive learning further for students! Please read below regarding important information about in-person instruction in a hybrid format that will begin the week of Oct. 5th.
Important Information for Beginning Hybrid Instruction for STA Capstone Courses:
- Students have been assigned to A or B groups that attend STA in-person two days a week:
- Students assigned to Group A will have in-person instruction on a Monday/Tuesday and engage in asynchronous instruction virtually on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Students assigned to Group B will engage in asynchronous instruction virtually on Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday and in-person instruction on Thursday and Friday.
- These groupings have been carefully developed in consideration to our many sending high schools to allow for social distancing per governmental and health authority protocols.
- STA Instructors will communicate to students regarding their assigned group by Wednesday, September 30.
Masks are required per Jackson County Order
- Per Jackson County’s executive order, all individuals must wear masks in indoor and outdoor spaces. LSR7 and STA fall under this mandate as ordered by the county.
- Throughout the 2020-21 school year, we anticipate that masks will continue to be required.
- LSR7/STA has provided two masks per student. LSR7 students will receive their masks from their LSR7 sending high school. All other students will receive two masks on the first day of face-to-face class at STA. *Students will need to come to STA wearing a mask.
- If students wish to purchase additional masks, STA branded masks can be ordered at $5 each from this website until Tuesday, Oct. 20th. Those masks will be delivered to classrooms Tuesday, Nov. 10th. https://stamask2020.itemorder.com/
STA Parking Permits and Parking info for STA at The Missouri Innovation Campus
- Permission to drive to STA is solely given by the sending high school.
- Students must apply for a parking permit in order to park at STA if they have not already done so.
- Students must park in the STA parking lot, which is located on the north side of the building. The south parking lot is for UCM students and requires a separate UCM parking permit.
- Parking permits will be distributed on the first day of face-to-face instruction. Permits are required on cars to park on campus thereafter.
- Permits should be placed on the upper left (driver’s side) corner of the front windshield.
- Students must follow all parking lot rules or risk revocation of parking permits.
- Watch this fun parking video to learn about parking lot procedures and review parking lot rules
Important Information about COVID-19 Precautions and Safety Protocols.