The American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women movement and a generous anonymous donor developed the Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship with the goal of bridging the gap between student interests in pursuing a career in a STEM field (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and achieving their goals. The Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship will award three (3) scholarships of $2,500 each to qualifying applicants.
- Current or previous Kansas City STEM Goes Red event participant, OR a 9th-12th grade student currently attending a school within 5 major counties of the Kansas City Metro (Missouri counties: Jackson, Clay, & Platte. Kansas counties: Wyandotte & Johnson)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the U.S.
- Applying for funding for the following:
o Attendance at a college or university with the intent to major in a STEM related field
o Attendance at a vocational or technical trade institution with a focus on earning a degree/certificate in a STEM-related field
- Past award recipients are not eligible to re-apply.
In addition to meeting the scholarship qualifications, a review committee will select finalists based on:
- Academic achievement
- Interest and commitment to pursue a career in a STEM field
- Two letters of recommendation; one from an educator and one from a community service representative (organization, employer, clergy or coach). Qualities should include maturity, motivation, self-confidence, leadership, interest & commitment to STEM, and potential for success.
- Five (5) paragraph essay (500 words maximum, typed, double-spaced, one-sided) which addresses two of the application questions.
Application submissions for the 2021-2022 Kansas City STEM Goes Red Scholarship will be accepted via email to KC.STEMGoesRed@heart.org between the dates of October 15, 2021 – the new extended deadline date of May 1, 2022.
Three (3) Awarded Scholarship recipients will be notified in May of 2022.2021-2022 KC STEM Scholarship Application EXTENDED FINAL (1)