Open House Nights
STA Open House Nights will allow you to see all that STA has to offer in one night!
Come check out what STA has to offer! All STA capstone course classrooms will be open for students, parents, and the community to learn about the incredible advanced career-focused learning opportunities that exist for juniors and seniors in high school within STA at The Missouri Innovation Campus. Explore all STA courses here and see them in person. STA instructors and STA students will be in their classrooms to showcase courses as well as answer your questions. This is the best opportunity to see all that STA has to offer in one night!
Below are the options on how to spend your time at STA:
- Classroom engagement – all visitors should travel to one or multiple classrooms to learn more about programs of interest, get questions answered, and to learn about how to apply. Engage with student ambassadors and instructors. See yourself at STA!
- Orientation – this optional session in the conference center is for community members, parents, and those needing to learn the fundamentals of STA. For younger students, this session will also talk about long-term planning so you will be most ready to attend STA your Junior/Senior year.
Summit Technology Academy Open House Nights:
- November 16, 2023, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Nov 30 is a back-up snow date)
- January 11, 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Jan 25 is a back-up snow date)
- February 1, 2024, 6:00pm – 8:00pm (Feb 15 is a back-up snow date)
All classrooms will be open for students, parents, community members to learn about all our capstone classes and programs from 6-8 pm.
STA Overview Sessions at the Open House:
6:00-6:30 pm or 7:30-8:00 pm
STA Overview Presentations – in Room B101 (Event Center)
This session will be presented at the beginning and repeated at the end of the Open House Night. It provides an opportunity for students, parents, and community members to learn what STA is for those who are new to the idea of STA. No RSVP is needed for this session. This session answers the following questions:
- Why should I come to STA?
- How does it work to come to STA?
- How do I prepare for STA?
- How do I learn more about what STA has to offer?
MIC Accelerated Bachelor Degree Program Information Session:
November 16, 6:45-7:15pm Missouri Innovation Campus (MIC) Presentation – in Room B101 (Event Center)
Students who take one of the University of Central Missouri (UCM) MIC early bachelor degrees aligned courses at Summit Technology Academy their junior year AND have a 3.0 unweighted GPA/95% attendance may also choose to participate in a university partnership program with UCM called Missouri Innovation Campus (MIC), in which students begin to earn a bachelor’s degree while still in high school. The bachelor’s degree is offered through the University of Central Missouri- Lee’s Summit. This program helps to significantly reduce the overall cost of a bachelor’s degree. If selected by one of our over 70 MIC Program Business Partners, students will have the opportunity to participate in a three year, year-round, paid internship, further reducing the cost of their college degree.
Click here to learn more about the MIC program.
Click here to RSVP to the Nov 16 MIC presentation.